HST 344 Exam 1 -- February 14 -- Dr. Heitmann Name_____________________________________________I Objective questions. Answer all 20 of the following with the best answer possible. (40 pts.)
1. All of the following BUT ONE made important contributions to the 19th century bicycle industry that served as a forerunner to the automobile: a) Kirkpatrick Macmillan; b) James Starley; c) Nicholas Joseph Cugnot; d) John Kemp Starley.2. Of the following, what person has the best
claim to the invention of the automobile: a) Etienne Lenoir); b) John Boyd Dunlop; c) Karl Benz; d) James Laux.3. The county that was the leader in automobile production during the pioneer era to 1908 was: a) Germany; b) France; c) Italy; d) Great Britain.4. All of the following but ONE was a disadvantage associated with steam-powered cars: a) a relatively new technological system b) slow start up time; c) high cost; d) need to replenish water.5. Name the car made in Cleveland that Horatio Nelson Jackson used on his historical transcontinental trip of 1903. ________________________6. Due to the encouragement he received while developing his Quadricycle, Henry Ford felt indebted to this great inventor -- "the most useful American." _____________________________
Source: The Automobile and American Life
Alfa Club2002-08-06 20:07:11 by AR164LS
Check out for the Alfa Romeo Association. Lots of cool drives, rallies, stuff like that.
BTW -- my roomie is looking for a Spider...what are you thinking of selling yours for?
You might also like:
Honda S800 racing with Datsun, MGB and Mini Cooper
Honda S800 Racing Hamburg 2010
History of Honda Infographic Released by Honda Review — SBWire
Honda developed such models throughout the late 50s and early 60s as the T360, S500 sportscar, RA271 sports racer, S800, and N360 compact. The first Honda civic was released in 1972 as a two-door, and the first accord was made four years later.
My first drive in the awesome Honda S800: love @ first drive by hondablog.nl
Vintage - the Honda S800 | drive it!
The Legend of YOSHIMURA 50th Anniversary (Japan Import)
Book (Rippu shobo)
Boss CH6930 Chaos Series 6" x 9" 3-Way Speaker
Car Audio or Theater (BOSS AUDIO)
- Power Handling, Peak 400 Watts; Magnet Structure, 60 Oz
- Impedance, 4 Ohm; Frequency Response, 50 Hz ¿ 20 Khz; Spl 1 Watt/1 Meter, 92 Db
- Cone Material, Poly Injection
- Voice Coil, 1-Inch Aluminum; Tweeter, 3/4-Inch Piezo
- Midrange, 2 1/2-Inch Polyimide Cone
- Characteristics of Honda S500
- Characteristics of Lotus Elise
- Characteristics of BMW Z8
- Characteristics of Honda S2000